while perusing one of my favorite blogs late last year, I found a great post by Yvonne over at Cream Puffs in Venice; and I agree with her. There are way too many things in my life that I just don’t need. unfortunately, this list only calls for 11. I’m sure I could think of more, but this is a great place to start.
11. jeans my go-to daily wear. I love them, but I need to branch out. although, lately…I’ve been wearing sweats like they are going outta style. um, I think I’ve digressed. help!
10. paper it seems to be the one thing I collect obsessively: magazines, grocery store circulars, movie tickets. sometimes it is really hard for me to throw things away. damn my sentimental nature!
9. t-shirts usually, I reach for Old Navy when I need a top. sad, but true. I think I make dressing like a grownup harder than it actually is.
8. tv my favorite enabler. hours go by unnoticed. I’m not sure what happened to me; I used to be an avid reader. this one hurts more than most.
7. piles I stock things on tables, desks, counters, you name it. I see a flat surface, I put something on it. It’s a really bad habit that needs to be broken, but I’m not sure how.
6. store bought vanilla extract it’s ridiculously expensive at the store and ridiculously easy to make, as well. vanilla beans + vodka + 2months = enough extract for one year. why haven’t I done this before?
5. white socks my brother and I always receive socks for Christmas. it’s tradition and I’ve always loved that about our family. as a result I have a gazillion pairs of white athletic socks. I’m not complaining, mind you, I just need a little variety. therefor, this year I intend to fill my drawers with crazy pairs of multi-colored tubes. join me!
4. procrastination I’m failing already(look at the lateness of this post!)
3. excuses I can come up with a million reasons why something won’t work or why I shouldn’t do it. usually, I call them reasons, but 9 times out of 10 they are simply excuses. enough!
2. waste I buy food then go out to eat. buy more food then I don’t feel like cooking. you get the picture. it needs to stop.
1. bosses I know I have the skill and talent to run my business successfully, but hesitate to make that final leap. I need to push fear aside and believe in myself. thank you and good night.